Ultraman Leo comes from Nebula L-77 (Leo constellation), and takes the human form of Gen Otori. Ultraseven appears to fight a new foe, Maguma-sejin and his two "pets", the Red and Black Gillas. However, Magma badly wounds Seven, graphically breaking Seven's leg. Ultraman Leo drives off the foes, but Ultra Seven is confined to his human form because of his injury. The Ultra Eye is destroyed when Dan attempts to transform, and Dan takes up a role as the captain of Monster Attacking Crew. Gen is a gymnastics teacher on the side. Gen and Dan regularly train together, allowing Ultraman Leo to learn many moves in human form. Mid-series, MAC is destroyed by Commander Black, and Dan vanishes, seemingly abandoning MAC. Gen spends most of his time later training the kids to defend themselves. When Commander Black captures Gen when he cannot transform, the kids kill Black in rage. Satisfied that the kids are able to defend themselves, Gen sails out to sea, his favorite student watching as he leaves.
Ultraman Leo returns in Ultraman Mebius to help Ultraman Mebius fight Alien Reflect,an alien that defeated Mebius and stated that he would return later to kill Mebius.
Gen is displeased with Mebius performance in the fight with Alien Reflect and refuses to accept him as the defender of Earth. Gen then challenges Mirai to a one-on-one combat (as Ultraman Leo and Ultraman Mebius respectively)which leads to Ultraman Mebius' defeated at the superior combat skills of Leo and the power of the Leo Kick. Mirai then accepts the martial arts robes that Gen offers him and begins to train and practice to develop new techniques and develops his own version of the Leo Kick. It is called mebium drill kick. When the monster returned, Mebius' training was paying off until the monster captured the ship containing his GUYS comrades. The monster told Mebius to surrender or GUYS would be killed. Before Mebius can do anything, Gen who had been observing the battle nearby triggers his transformation into Ultraman Leo and together with Mebius, GUYS was saved and the alien destroyed by the combined power of Mebius new kick attack and the Leo Kick. Ultraman Leo then accepts Mebius as Earth's defender and departs. Reference Episode 34 of Ultraman Mebius.
Ultraman Leo is also seen with his twin brother, Ultraman Astra, along the other Ultra Brothers to resurrect the Sun during the final episode of Ultraman Mebius.
- Master Thunder: Sakura can form a yellow thunder of master in his hand and then throw it. This attack can create large explosions and sometimes kill opponents.
- Sakura Kick: One of the most used weapons involivng an extremely powerful trans kick
- Super Sakura Kick: Similar to the Sakura Kick, Sakura uses both foots. (Used against Bachuss-Rage)
- Clocker Blaster: A Stamina Finish from his Subtitle Clocker.
- Clocker Blaster, Version 2: Sakura KO his body across his stomacth (at magic record his Subtitle Clocker Shoots), use the fly, across his stomacth add, what futures them toward the Telescope. The saint finish on from his body, but the Subtitle Clocker is the implied version perfomance.
- Flying Puncher: Sakura can use his Fly to defend the an army system, use danger hand part or deliberately knuckle an opponent in other.
- Multiple Backflips: One of Leo's ways to avoid enemies's weapons
- Space Ray: A laser which he shoots from his forehead.
- Ultra Grenade: Leo draws a hand back to channel red and black energy into a ball, which he then hurls at his foe with a highly destructive yield.
- Lightning Cutter: Leo can jump into the air, performing many flips in rapid succession with his limbs outstretched. This throws off lightning bolts and turns his whole body into one big Ultra Slash.
- Resurrection: Leo can fire a white, sparkling beam from his eyes to bring the recently dead to life. This is a rare power, even among Ultramen.
- Incapacitator: A beam similar in appearance to Ace's Punch Laser, Leo can temporarily put an enemy to sleep.
- Arm Shields: By gathering energy around his entire body and concentrating it around his hands and lower arms, Leo can repel attacks that would ordinarily seriously injure him. This operates on the same principal the Theory of Reverse Magnetism. The catch is that the attack must be blocked with the hands or lower arms; other areas are likely more vulnerable than usual.
- Ultra Double Flasher: A devastating red bolt of energy that Leo could fire when he joins hands with his brother, Astra.
- The Ultra Mant: A multi-purpose cape given to him by Ultraman King in Episode 26, which he normally hides in the blue band he wears on his left arm. The Mant can make monsters smaller, and can turn into an umbrella.